NEWS From BoatUS
Boat Owners Association of The United States
880 S. Pickett St., Alexandria, VA 22304
BoatUS Press Room at http://smtp.boatus.net/t?r=5&c=26884&l=1217&ctl=2245E5:617B783F5E747E26F98C2C66F9B8BE08&
BOATING AND SAFETY TIPS
EMERGENCY SERVICES - DIAL 911
Be prepared to give LOCATION (buoy #, GPS coordinates.)
Corps of Engineers Hartwell Project: 1-888-893-0678 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-888-893-0678 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
LOANER LIFEJACKETS MARINAS
These LHA Business Members have Life Jackets for Children:
- Hartwell, GA - Hartwell Marina 706-376-5441 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 706-376-5441 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
- Anderson, SC - Portman Marina 864-287-3211 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-287-3211 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
- Starr, SC - Big Water Marina 864-226-3339 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-226-3339 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
- Lavonia, GA - Harbor Light Marina 706-356-4119 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 706-356-4119 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
BOAT TOWING -TowBoatU.S. Lake Hartwell 864-313-8627 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-313-8627 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
You may use your BoatUS Member Card for eligible services.
(LHA members receive 50% off their BoatUS Membership when they join/renew using LHA's group number: GA83098B )
For park facilities contact information, click on the following links:
- Georgia State Parks
- South Carolina State Parks
- Reserve America - Federal, state, county and private sites.
NAVIGATING HARTWELL LAKE BROCHURE
You can print a copy or view it online by clicking here.
A new brochure, prepared by LHA is now available that provides detailed information on things you need to know about operating a boat on Hartwell Lake. This brochure contains valuable safety information that will help you navigate safely on the lake.
KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR BOAT TRAILER
An excellent article by BOATUS on what you need to do regarding the maintenance and safety of your boat trailer can be found by clicking on
CONTACTS FOR SAFE BOATING CLASSES
Lake Hartwell Sail and Power Squadron
Or telephone Jim Wilkins at 864-297-8989 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-297-8989 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Golden Corners Sail and Power Squadron
Marlyn Stroven at 864-985-0788 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-985-0788 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
United State Coast Guard Auxiliary
Glenn Barbee at 706-376-0096 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 706-376-0096 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Or Jim Rudy at 864-972-2085 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-972-2085 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (Or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
Telephone 864-654-8266 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 864-654-8266 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, ext 18
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Telephone 770-535-5499 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 770-535-5499 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
ONLINE FREE BOATING SAFETY COURSES
1. BoatUS at http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/ In addition to the general boating course, there is also a course specifically designed for personal watercraft. .
2. Americas Boating course (sponsored by United States Power Squadrons and United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
Both of the following courses refer to individual state laws (South Carolina, Georgia, and others) which may differ from federal regulations.
3. South Carolina Department of Natural Resources
At http://www.dnr.sc.gov/education/boated.html Information about class schedules is also available at this website.
4. Georgia Department of Natural Resources
At http://www.boat-ed.com/ Classroom schedules also are available at 770-784-3168 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 770-784-3168 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
DISCOUNT ON MEMBERSHIP IN BOATUS
BoatUS Membership at 50% discount for LHA Members
As a member of the Lake Hartwell Association, you are entitled to a discount on the cost of membership in BoatUS. The normal fee is $30 per year, however if you are a member of LHA your discounted rate is only $15 per year. On your membership application indicate the Cooperating Group Number GA83098B. This entitles you to a one year subscription to the monthly magazine of BoatUS, an excellent source of information of interest to boaters. BoatUS is a very active group lobbying in the interest of boaters and deserves our support. You can join online or print out an application form by going to http://www.boatus.com/join.
Beside getting a yearly BoatUS membership for $15, LHA members of BoatUS get :